Am I ever going to get done with posting about books from last year? It seems like a never-ending thing. Please bear with me if you see back to back book opinions here after this.
This is the 19th book that I read as part of this challenge and, honestly, I am way too confused about how I felt about it. I think I’ll just write my thought process, point by point?
1. I can totally see why this was made into a mainstream Bollywood movie. It is very, very filmy and even today a movie can be made using this as the story and it’ll fit into today’s time. *Tiny spoiler alert* Falling in love with someone who is totally off-limits, then doing things you never thought you would and making it big in life like you never imagined and then come crashing down without knowing what to do next is a good enough filmy theme, wouldn’t you agree?
2. As far as I am concerned, this book felt very dragged in almost half of the initial pages, but I was determined to not give up on this and eventually it became a page turner for me.
3. It is good, the story is quite larger than life but at the same time, the human emotions on which this story is built are something that can be felt by anyone of us. So, even though the story is larger than life, people can relate to the different characters, especially the main ones.
4. I haven’t been able to understand why it appears in every list of awesome books by Indian authors. Really? Is it that amazing? What am I missing here?
5. I have mentioned it in my favorite books of 2014 but now I am not so sure. I am glad that I read it. actually went through a rush of emotions towards the end but I am still not sure if it’s a must read for everyone. It’s like you will feel good about reading it but even if you don’t, I do not think that you are missing out on something big.
That’s pretty much it. Was it too confusing?