Firsts are special. I read this somewhere. Pretty darn true, haan? Be it a good special or a bad special, it is special nonetheless. All you hopelessly romantics out there, hold your horses already! 😀 So, yes, firsts are special and, therefore, I think my first lipstick deserved a post here. I have used lipsticks before but they were my mom’s (and I used to use them when I was a kid 😛 ).
While we are at it, I thought I would also introduce you to one of the most amazing lip glosses ever on the face of Earth, so continue reading (or scrolling, hey I am not judging!) till the end. 🙂
Coming to my first lipstick, it’s the Elle 18 Color Pops in Coral Romance: 42. I bought it around an year ago simply because I ‘craved’ a lipstick. I thought it to be a perfect choice because I had loved the color on various beauty blogs that I read and I wanted to buy something super cheap. In those two departments, it does not disappoint. Am I going to buy it again? Here you go about that:
What I liked:
- Beautiful color. Although it is meant for lighter skin tones and washes me out, it works great as a tint for me. Like, I just put it properly with it’s entire opaqueness and then dab away with a tissue to only leave a tint.
- Very cheap. This thing retails for 100 Indian rupees (less than 2 dollars).
- Wide shade selection
- Easily available in India
- Pigmentation is just about good.
What I did not like:
- Honestly, it doesn’t matter whether I liked it or not because I won’t buy it again till Hindustan Unilever becomes cruelty-free, at least in cosmetics. Yes, Elle 18 is owned by Hindustan Unilever.
- The smell puts me off. Now the thing is I have a weird sense of smell. I do have a sensitive nose but it generally likes smells that nobody else will. So, I am not sure whether what I hate in this department would be worth hating actually.
- It transfers easily and doesn’t stay for long.
I think you can now decide pretty easily. 🙂
Coming to one of the most amazing lip glosses ever on Earth :D, well, this too is kind of my first lip gloss. I say kind of because as a kid, I have bought those toy-like lip glosses which retail in all the local stores. This, however, is more of a real lip gloss. 😛 Presenting Accessorize Fever Intense Colour Lip Gloss: Shade 3.
I bought it because I find Accessorize’s makeup line super pretty. Haha, yes, I love the packaging. I always wanted to own something from their makeup line and came across swatches of this one. I loved it and got this when it went on sale on Jabong. To say the least, I love it. The color pay off is amazing, it’s neither too watery nor too sticky. It’s a beautiful neutral pinkish coral color and I love the smell. I have shared my experience with this on Mily’s blog here. To sum up:
What I like:
- Accessorize is cruelty-free.
- The lip gloss is neither runny nor sticky. It’s texture is very much like liquid lipsticks, you know, opaque and thick enough to stay on lips but not gooey or sticky.
- The color is a beautiful neutral pinkish coral (it might wash out duskier skin tones).
- The packaging is BEAUTIFUL (although the prints on the cap wear off after a while 😛 but by then, you would have started loving this anyway).
What I didn’t like:
- I wish their makeup was cheaper. This thing retails for 650 Indian rupees (although in the Jabong sale, I got it for 230 😀 ).
That’s all. Was it too much in one post? Let me know. 🙂