Ok, now, it is completely unintentional that most of the beauty posts are about nail paints. 😛 I guess that’s because they are easier to photograph. 😀
Anyway, I got to try out the new Tips & Toes Red Carpet Gel Nail Polish in a basic color as well as a glitter one. Yes, the glitter ones are pretty darn good! 😀 I know many Indians want good glitter nail paints in their life. 😛 I also got excited about the fact that this has so many pastel shades. Indian brands coming out with such shades, instead of only maroons, yay to that! In fact, big yay! 😀 Here’s what I think about these polishes, but first their introduction from the brand. 😉
From the brand:
A high end gel, texture, glitter and nail art top coats for the woman who wants to feel royal! Experience the Red Carpet feel with ourTIPS & TOES Red Carpet Nail Polish.
Features of the Range:
- Trendy fashionable concept
- Eye catching shades
- Easy to apply at home. So no need to go to parlor for any professional touch or costly nail arts.
- Specially designed flat brush for better application and perfect finishing.
- Be your own professional nail designer
- Makes you feel royal like a STAR! Be a crowd puller…
MRP – Rs.225/-
Total Shades – 23
What I liked:
- They are cruelty-free.
- Good quality, this shade goes opaque in one stroke. (I think texture is same for other shades as well, as I have checked swatches on other blogs).
- The brush is good quality, makes application very smooth.
- No chipping for around 4 days (only slightly at the tips).
- The glitter and texture polishes look really good on nails. I like how the golden strips look on the nails. I also liked the swatches on other blogs of different glitter polishes.
- Easy to remove. The glitter one came of on its own as a layer leaving behind a clean nail. 😉
- Like I said before, there are a lot of pastel shades available in this Red Carpet Gel Polish range, I love pastels on nails & I like that an Indian brand is offering pastels.
- Very good packaging. I know that this is not all that important but its a matter of pride if an Indian brand steps up the game in this department! 🙂
What I did not like:
- Price. Now I understand that its not very pricey if we look at the cosmetic market (especially when we have even Indian brands hiking prices every passing minute. Yes, Colorbar, I am looking at you). But basically, these are not cheap either. I would suggest Tips & Toes to price their products competitively. Being an Indian brand, they should understand that the majority of their target customers is middle class and good quality products at decent prices would mean more sales (as compared to good quality products but priced just like other brands).
- Availability. I really wanted to try their kajal and gel liners which are out of stock on some shopping websites. When it comes to makeup, women tend to buy products which are readily available in the malls that they headed casually to 😉 (with no intention of buying initially). So, out of sight, out of mind. I hope they are working on both online and store availability.
- While they do offer a variety of textures – plain gel polish, color+glitter, textured, glittery nail art top coat, I wish there were more shades available in the plain gel polish range (and priced lower 😀 ). This is not really a dislike factor though.
- This particular red color being a dark one stains a bit during removal. But I guess that’s because my nail paint remover is not good quality.
Overall, I think the glitter polishes are a must try, both the glittery-strips nail art top coat and the opaque glitter nail paints. For the plain gel polish, it is very good quality and has nice shades, but it is not much different from nail paints in this price range. However, I would still prefer it than the L’oreal and Lakme nail paints in the same price range because Tips & Toes is cruelty-free. I hope they come with more shades. 🙂
That’s it from my side. Hope you get to try these too.
PS: This was a PR sample sent by the brand for review. The opinion is completely honest. 🙂