I love reading what’s in my bag posts. However, I had always thought that I would not do it myself till a long time because it is too much of a task to click every thing from the bag. 😛 But then happened a contest on Instagram by Chumbak where they asked people to show what’s in their bag. I so wanted to participate and when I clicked a collective picture of my bag’s contents, I thought why not do a post about it and therefore, clicked more pictures. However, one thing that keeps bugging me is that my bag, at that time, did not have the book that I was reading then. So, yes, books are very important in my bag and hence, this book is deserving show stopper attention due to the earlier mistake. 😛
Wow! How much I explain vain stuff!
Here are the contents of my bag in no particular order. By the way, I use those backpack kind of laptop bags for office.
1. Yeah, I put the makeup/beauty pouch first to grab girls’ attention :D! There’s a comb, a super favorite key ring, contact lenses, and some passport size photos. About everything else, I would love to do a mini review of sorts 😀 :
- Nivea Lip Balm in Pomegranate: Smells nice, moderately moisturizing, leaves a soft tint, overall serves the purpose fine. Repurchase: NO because Nivea sells in China and therefore isn’t cruelty-free.
- Elle 18 Lipstick: I’ll do a full post on this with the shade name & all. Its good enough for the price but definitely something you can skip. Repurchase: NO because it’s an average product and not cruelty-free.
- Accessorize Fever Intense Color Lip Gloss: Love, love, love this!! If you hate lip glosses, try this one once. The formula is amazing, I like the fragrance even though I have a sensitive nose, the shade is simply perfection for fair to wheat-ish skin tones, might wash out dusky tones, it is basically a warm nude pinkish coral. And, of course, you can see the packaging. ❤ Also, Accessorize is cruelty-free. PS: This thing retails for 650 INR and I got it for 230 INR on Jabong in some sale!! 😀 Repurchase: Since I don’t buy a lot of makeup, I would buy the other shades when I get them in sale. 🙂
- Jovees Anjeer & Carrot Sunblock: The good thing is that it prevents tanning (and it smells good) and the brand is cruelty-free. The bad thing is that it is quite sticky and makes one sweaty. Repurchase: Maybe.
- Lotus 3 in 1 Matte Sunblock: I know a lot of people rave about this. I like the fact that it evens out my skin (but not so much). The bad thing is that I don’t like the smell and I want this to moisturize at least a little bit. I don’t like putting different products, too much effort. 😛 It should be a sunscreen+moisturizer. Also, I am not very sure if it prevents tanning, need to check more for that. Repurchase: Yes, if I don’t find a better option in cruelty-free products.
- Faces Long Wear Eye Pencil Navy Blue: These faces eye pencils are a charm. The beauty blogosphere has raved enough about these and yes, they totally do live up to the hype. I had finished the black one a long time ago and it was SO GOOD. Also, these are cruelty-free. Only problem is that Faces keeps hiking the price for these. I remember the days when they retailed for 250 INR (they are now 400 INR or something). Repurchase: Yes, after a long time though as I am not craving these yet (and I have enough eye pencils).
- Oriflame Kohl Pencil: This is no good. They don’t smudge a lot but then the color is removed from your waterline in no time. Also, Oriflame sells in China, so not cruelty-free. Repurchase: No.
- VLCC Kajal: Dark, rich, matte black. Smudges just about average. I like this product. Repurchase: No, as VLCC is not cruelty-free.
- Lakme Insta Eye Liner: This is completely a bang-for-your-buck product. It works amazingly for a liquid eyeliner. Although I am sure that it has got some really harsh ingredients because it made my mom’s skin above eyes weird for a while and it stings when it enters eyes. Repurchase: No, as Lakme is not cruelty-free.
- Lakme Sharpener: This is an amazingly good product. I have read blogs where people complain about how the only problem with their Faces and Colorbar eye pencils (best eye pencils in Indian market!) is that they break while sharpening. I was very scared when I bought my first Faces eye pencil. But this sharpener made sure that the pencil never broke while sharpening. In fact, I have read other people saying it too that there soft pencils don’t break when sharpened with this. Also, this has slots for both fat and thin pencils. Repurchase: No, as Lakme is not cruelty-free. This would last for a long time, I would probably buy the Faces sharpener next.
2. The bag itself, my cotton dupatta (stole) to save from heat and huge-ass office ACs. : P There is the old wallet that I have now lost (gone is my second driving license too. Why second? Because I lost the first one when I lost my previous wallet. 😛 NOBODY WILL JUDGE NOW, ok? 🙂 ) Oh, there’s also my spectacles case.
3. Yes, I carry too many notebooks. It’s just that I like keeping different notebooks for different things. So, there’s one office notebook (the plain blue one), the beautiful personal notebook (this glows in the dark 😀 ) where I log my to-do lists, blog related things and everything else. There’s a pocket notebook which is for new words that I learn (although I am too lazy to ever update it :O ). Other things in this picture are my ID card and a pen.
4. Yes, yes, I know the hair pins are totally eww. I actually did not use them since a long time and that’s why did not realize that they look like this. Time to throw away old hair pins (one can obviously do something creative with them, but right now I don’t have the time or the inclination). There’s a hairband as well and do you see those quirky earrings. They are a gift from Dharamshala, a hill station in India. They are super cool ❤ but they are loosened and I can’t wear them now.
5. There you see my office laptop, my Sony earphones and an Internet datacard and a pendrive. (Pretty darn important stuff! )
6. That is the book I was reading then. Of course, post coming up on it soon. 🙂
That’s all. I hope it was fun! 😀
Take care & keep smiling 🙂