I know that the reasons to love summer in India are many, read summer vacations, visiting grandparents, watermelons (enough said!), mangoes and orange bars (although for me it was always the creamy milky ice creams, remember those days when they retailed for like 2 Rs? Or was it only for us small town kids and not for Delhi & other metros?).
Ugh, too many distractions when it comes to summer loves. 😀 Coming back, this post is about style & fashion summer loves that are common throughout the world. Yes, when we discuss what we are loving style-wise or fashion-wise in any season, it mostly refers to trends but then, how many times can one discuss trends? Also, I am not too much into following trends when it comes to style. For me, it has always been about unique and individual style, whether its on-trend or not. Therefore, instead of discussing trendy summer style essentials, I’ll jot down few summer style essentials that are loved all over the world, no matter which country or culture you belong to. Unbelievable? Here you go 😀 :
1. Neons: Did you just say that they are not for everyone? Well, they are! Check out my tee shirts below.
I think mostly everyone carry off these kind of tee shirts. Then, you have the bright colored shorts that you carry off cutely and then, you have the really bright colored salwars (Indian/South Asian pants) that you can carry beautifully, right? Also, there are pop-colored nail paints and bright red lipsticks! There would be one person in every part of the world who is using any of these. 🙂
2. Hair Buns & ponytails: Beautiful, comfortable, chic, cute – which girl said no to any of these?
3. Cute Hair Accessories: Stuff that you can hoard on while shopping but is actually useful to keep hair in place and looks nice too = Big yes in every part of the world 🙂
4. Experimental Lowers: Ok, this is the best picture that I could get for my palazzos but you get the drift. In summers, no matter which country we live in, we hate denims and love either of these, if not all: Palazzo pants, Dhoti pants, salwars, skirts, shorts, straight cotton pants and what not!
5. Pastels & Whites: Now, honestly, I wanted to write mint. But then I realized I would have to write another point for powder blue. Oh, and, I cannot miss writing about whites. And blush pinks? And nudes? Enough exaggeration. The point is that trends may come and trends may go, but the importance of whites and pastel colors like mint, sea green, powder blue, blush pink, peach will never fade. 🙂
So, this was my list. Can you think of other summer favorites that you think are universally loved by girls all over the world? 🙂
PS: This post is written for an interactive campaign called ‘Closet Swap’ organized by Raise.com where they have asked bloggers to write about their wardrobe transition into summer attire. I gave this a little twist and posted about a few things that all summer wardrobes will have. 🙂 Raise.com is a new marketplace where you can buy discounted gift cards to your favorite brands, and sell your unused gift cards for cash! From Nordstrom to DSW, they have gift cards to meet all your fashion needs. [They are only in US as of now].
PPS: This is NOT a paid post.