Disclaimer: The pictures are crappy! The owner was kind of freaked out by the clicking. The bags were really good though. 🙂
So, I entered this shop just by chance (Love how one manages to discover old vintage shops in Connaught Place out of nowhere!). Me and my friend were looking for a ladies handbag to be gifted. We checked out Sri Leathers, the famous handbag and shoe shop in Connaught Place (CP). If you live in Delhi, you will know about this one. Although the collection was ok, everything was so drab and dirty. And yes, they sell the same pieces that you are checking out.
Disappointed we moved to Bata and other brands in the vicinity, when we discovered this shop – ‘Duli Chand and Bros’. Clearly, this is an old times shop. I love such places, because you manage to find treasures! My friend bought a leather bag for some 2700 bucks. It was really sturdy and a color different from the usual leather bags. It was a berry purple kind of color, you know. The bags are priced quite decently compared to the branded ones, and the quality is extremely good.
1. Amazing quality bags at a price quite affordable compared to branded leather bags like Hidesign, Da Milano etc (Of course, they have so much variety and better finishing, but here you get what you pay for).
2. They were quite honest regarding which bags are faux leather and which are real.
3. There were bags of the double strap kinds as well which are rare to be found in local shops. I don’t know what they are called but here’s a picture for reference.
1. I am personally not into animal leather bags. Since I don’t know whether the ‘real’ ones mean animal leather, I would only buy the faux ones.
2. The variety was not huge (but whatever was there was good).
If you are in CP, check this shop out. Address is there in the picture below: